Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Big Sister ???

I'll give you 1 guess--Who is going to become a big sister? Yes, the beauty queen who stars in this blog.

We just went to the doctor today, and found out we are about 6 weeks along. Pregnancy was a happy surprise, yet very shocking. We decided not to worry about birth control because it took us so long to get pregnant the first time and we had to do insemination. We knew there was a chance things would self-resolve after a pregnancy, but didn't want to hinder any natural events, so that way we would know if we were okay or would need the doctor again... turns out we don't need the infertility doctor this time!

You've heard the saying... "Be careful what you wish for." Well, I'm kind of nervous now that my wish came true. I'm not sure this was the best thing to wish for... to get pregnant right away. Maybe I just wanted to make up for lost time or something and play catch up. I didn't really expect it to happen though...with breastfeeding and all. My mom was joking (?) with me about chasing a little one around and having a newborn at the same time and I just figured you take what life gives you, adapt, and accept the challenge. Well, that challenge makes me nervous now that it is on it's way to reality.

Caption for picture: "Mommy, is my baby brother in there?"

Of course we don't know the sex yet, but Chris is still hoping for a boy and wants to call it "XY", but I think we'll call it "Baby A" for now (conceived on/around our Anniversary, and just Awesome).

3 comments:

marcy said...

Yay! Addisyn looks like she is ready for Baby Awesome to come out now! Congratulations and I can't wait to hear more. Did you get an expected due date. Sometime in January?

Kyrstyn said...

Congratulations!! Addisyn is going to be an excellent big sister. So if you are calling it Baby A,does that mean that you are hoping for a Baby B too?? Go big or go home, right?!?!? Im so excited for you guys!

marcy said...

So where is her baby brother!!