Monday, May 19, 2008

Tractor in Addisyn's Backyard


In the spirit of our walking and adventurous baby, we are expanding our usable space on our lot. We brought in a tractor this weekend to move dirt and level out more area for grass and patio. Daddy Chris really took this project by the horns!

We hired our friend Drew to drive the tractor and he really knew what he was doing--I called it "man art"--that is, artistic creation, but with BIG shovels and a diesel motor--you know, MAN style.
Now we just have to... block around the upper perimeter to separate the slope from the level usable area, back-fill, move water and electrical lines over, install a drain for the culvert we cut out, bring in top soil for grassy area, run irrigation/sprinklers, seed grass, lay pavers (for the raised area/patio) and lay concrete or blocks for a step and mow strip... Then, I can't wait to go playset shopping (with Grandma).

Addisyn will be so excited for all of this to be finished because she loves the outdoors so much. She walks us around while holding one of our fingers wrapped in each of her hands. She has even been gaining confidence and balance and can walk a few steps one handed. Or she'll let go of one hand to pick a leaf or rock up off the ground. Maybe I can now justify spending some money on a big umbrella for the patio, so we can have shade outdoors--I'm trying to be good about protecting Addisyn's baby skin, which is hard, since she loves the outdoors so much.

1 comment:

marcy said...

So once you get those "little" projects done Addisyn can get her playset! How fun. The backyard looks great, daddy and drew did a good job.

I'm glad to hear Addisyn is doing so well, I can't wait to see her walking when I come out!