Sunday, May 4, 2008

May 3rd -- 5 year Anniversary


On May 3rd, 2003, Chris and Karen got MARRIED!
We are now 5 years into "forever and ever" and are living our "happily ever after."

Last night we went out to dinner and then to prom. Yes, I missed my own prom and since Chris went to his with my sister, I guess it's my turn! Anyway, we helped chaperone SCHS's prom for a couple hours before doing our own thing. We met up with our friends Jason & Jessica and then retired to a beach-front room at the Bahia Hotel at the bay for marital activities. (TMI??? haha!) The next morning I played like a kid, going down the slide and being pushed on the swings...yes, I laughed out loud, enjoying the moments in the sun and sand in my toes. Life is just great!

Last but not least, I decided 4 years ago that I would get some extra use out of my wedding dress by trying it on every anniversary to see if it still fit. Well, I took a quick break from writing this blog to pull it out of the closet and I'm wearing it right now...it fits! (Although I'm really not sure if this was a good tradition to start b/c the waist was tailored in tight so I wouldn't worry about it falling down on the dance floor on the big day, and I am trying to remember if this is how hard it was to breath in it back then!)

Happy trails to all couples out there! Please post comments if you are happily married (or want to be one day).... (Click on the "comments" link below this post)

No comments: