I did a lot of relaxation. For example, I arrived at the hotel around 1:30 on Thursday afternoon--Chris brought me some lunch, then we hung out at the beach and the pool till dinner. On Friday, after breakfast I took a 3 hour nap in the hotel room while Chris attended meetings, then we went to lunch, then we napped in the lounge chairs by the pool for a couple hours, then we floated around in the pool before getting ready for dinner, then after dinner, we gathered with 2 other couples by the pool again. This was great for me because Baby A is making me very tired lately!
On Saturday, the conference was over and Chris and I ventured to the rainforest and found a trail with absolutely nobody else on it. There's a picture of Chris on the trail way ahead of me because he said he couldn't walk that slow (Baby A and I took our sweet time going up the trail). I tested my balance by getting up close the water for a picture too. This morning wore me out so we went in search of comfort food for lunch before an afternoon nap. We found a "bakery/pizzaria" and ordered pizza, but were then told they didn't have any pizza dough. After the initial shock, we got the yummiest sandwiches instead. It's kinda funny how laid back they are on that island--Chris and I would never survive there. After an afternoon power nap, we drove our rental car to the next town over for kayaking in the bioluminesence. This was a 2 hour night time kayak tour among the mangrove trees. The cool part is that because the area is well protected, there is an extraordinary number of plankton (single celled organism in the water) which produce energy that converts to light. When we stirred our hands in the water, it would turn florescent green... a pretty cool sight on a dark night. (It did remind me of the power plant on the Simpsons, but our biology major tour guide explained the mechanics of it, so I know we were safe :-) ...something to do with the ATP in the mitochondria creating energy which is joined the the l____ (I forget the word) to create light energy.) On the way home to the hotel, Chris and I stopped at Wendy's for ice cream, and it took literally 30 minutes and Chris had to settle for vanilla instead of chocolate because that would have been another 15 minutes waiting! Again, we had to be patient and flexible in the Puerto Rican life.
Sunday we spent all day on airplanes coming home. My butt felt bruised from all that sitting. Needless to say, we were happy to be home and see Addisyn. Addisyn didn't want to go to sleep that night--I think she missed us and wanted to keep her eyes open so she could see us. A nuisance, but awwwww, she loves us too!
1 comment:
Wow! It's so beautiful there that it definately makes up for no pizza dough or chocolate ice cream! You can get that stuff here. Glad you had such a relaxing and wonderful trip!
How did Addisyn do without you?
Post a Comment