As if
Addisyn's high-pitched yelps weren't enough to ring the ears, it's now gotten worse! She's progressed it to
shrill, sometimes gutteral, drawn out
screaming--and it's often heard in the car. What do I do? I try to either ignore it or speak in a normal, calm voice and tell her it is not appropriate or okay to scream in the car. Do I just continue this and wait out the phase, or is there something else I can do? It can be so aggravating. (At least Piper seems unphased by it.) Please share any suggestions or just sympathy in the "comments" below.... Thanks!
Piper's problem is on
the other end. I think she "saves-up" for filling her diaper, because she only
goes maybe once a day and every time she does, the diaper overflows. This morning I had to clean up two blankets, her bouncy seat, her onsie, the changing pad, and her left leg. I just went out and bought a "piddle pad" for in her carseat because we are going on a long car ride today (desert this weekend) and don't want to risk a blow-out with no way to stop and clean the carseat, should that occur on the road.
Have a great weekend everybody.
2 comments:
My girls have been doing the shrill scream for months now, and I still haven't found anything that works to make them stop! Like Addisyn, it's usually in the car. I have tried the "Please don't scream like that, it hurts Mommy's ear's" calm approach, and ignoring it and neither one of them phased her. Let me know if you find a solution!!
You have my sympathy. I hope you have a sane, safe, and clean trip this weekend!!!
Post a Comment