Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Cups and Bottles

ADDISYN is getting more proficient at drinking from a cup. I still don't trust her alone with one, but she won't let me help her lift the cup to her mouth anymore, so I put an inch of water in it and set it on the tray, then she can pick it up and drink without spilling--she did this 3 times before pouring on her chest/bib the other day (which was still less messy than her trying to steal/grab it from of my hand while attempting to help her--visualize flying water over the shoulder!). She is so cute when she says "mmmm" after a drink :-) ...And now if I can just get her NOT to drink the bath water...

PIPER had her first (and only so far) bottle on Friday. I wanted her to try it even though we are breastfeeding, just like we did with Addisyn, so that she will be able and willing to take one if need be. She did great! Daddy started with her, then Grammy Susan came over and she took over (loving every moment of course!). It went down slow, but she practically finished the whole thing.

No comments: