Thursday, July 24, 2008

Brushing teeth

Good news: Addisyn is feeling better!!!! YAY!!!

Yesterday, we took her to the Del Mar Racetrack. We cheered the horses as they raced by, but she had even more fun playing peek-a-boo behind a tree with me and picking at flowers. For one race, we let her pick a horse to bet on and believe it or not, it WON! Okay, we only bet $2 so our winnings were small, but it was a fun afternoon and thankfully Addisyn was in good spirits.

Story behind the picture: She decided she doesn't want me brushing her teeth anymore and I didn't want her choking on the little rubber finger brush, so I got Addisyn her first real toothbrush. She is very content to play with it in her mouth, but won't let me do it. If I try to brush her teeth, she purses her lips shut, squirms, and whines/screams through her tightly sealed lips! I'm through with fighting her on that one... I figure at this age, what she's doing, "brushing" the bristles over her teeth as she chews on it, is good enough. So this was her first day with her new green toothbrush (taken last week).

1 comment:

Kyrstyn said...

A little independent one huh? I can't wait to see you guys on Sunday!!