Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Piper update--16.5 months

Thanks goodness for digital cameras--I took 39 photos out in the backyard today in the hopes of getting a few good ones. I love this one of Piper going down the yellow slide. She loves climbing and playing on this play structure. [My adrenaline rushed a few times and I jumped from photo spot to catcher/spotter spot when she slipped on the ladder bars or teetered up on the edge of the fort.] She discovered hanging and loves that too. The first hanging picture is over the slide, so don't be scared on that one ;-)


Besides jibber-jabber "bdoo-bdoo-beedoo", Piper says 5 words: "uh oh", "a da" (all done), "h da" (hi dad), "boo", and "bye-bye" while waving. She signs "please". She also imitates word sounds and syllables like she is trying to say the words. She has nearly said please and banana. She's great at communicating with grunts/squeals, pointing, and with body and facial expressions. She understands a ton and follows directions well (demonstrating language skills and no hearing problems).

Piper is now interested in using a fork and spoon and I am quite impressed with her skills. She can stab her pasta with a fork and get it in her mouth, and is probably using her fork more than Addisyn right now. (Hmmm, a novelty thing or the real deal?) Piper fed herself an entire yogurt with a spoon twice this week and mommy only had to catch a few spills. Today I left her alone with a spoon and a bowl of cottage cheese...the spoon fell in her bib at least 2x and she did have a handful of it when I checked on her, but she hadn't given up on the spoon either. She smiles and appears to be proud of her new skills.

This morning, at 16 1/2 months, Piper visited the doctor for a regular checkup:
Wt: 23 lbs (clothed w/shoes), 50% percentile
Ht: 32.5", 90%
HC: 18"

She got 2 shots, one in each thigh, and I can't believe that she didn't cry or even flinch AT ALL!!! What!? I was prepared for the worst.. with her teething this week and the nurse was the less experienced one that tortured her last time... but what a champ!
She has been all smiles all day!

(okay, it's only naptime right now, but i'm posting it now, while the going's good!)

No comments: