Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy 4th Mother's Day


Wow, my life has changed a lot in the last 3 years. Trying to figure what to write today, I went back to see my blog posts from prior mother's days, and geez I can't believe how much has changed for me in three years. It all started 3 years ago when I was pregnant and giddy to celebrate my impending motherhood. Then 2 years ago I had one little darling to gush over and unbeknownst to me at the time had another splitting cells inside me. Last year, we celebrated two adorable loves, one toddling and the other barely sitting. Now, my 4th Mother's Day, I am proud mother to these two beautiful best friends who I can hardly call babies anymore.

Now, I have two little characters who make me laugh and cry and enjoy the innocence of life. They expose me to my raw emotions, which is the part of motherhood I enjoy the most, but that also causes me the most angst. Reaching the depths of emotion is how they let me more fully experience the wonder of life.

It is mommy's job to teach her children the unconditional love, God's goodness in every relationship, that they were born into. I think I'm doing a pretty good job so far, because in feeling love unconditional, they feel safe to be true and honest and express emotions fully--from unrestrained giddiness to the absurdly upset--which they do quite well! They know that mommy will take care of them no matter what.

In return, they share with me and teach me God's unconditional love with every "squeezy hug" and "kiss with kissy sounds." ...Ahhhh, that feels GOOD!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Great kids & Great Parents!

love you all,

marcy said...

Happy Mother's Day! Love the pic of Addy on the slide, perfect lighting and all :)