Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Addisyn update

Cute moments this week:
-Sitting at the computer desk chair holding open a blank pad of yellow sticky-notes, and telling me "I'm reading, mom"
-Kissing Denver, Colorado on the map we hung in the hallway, because that's where daddy is this week (and getting the paper wet with her smooch)

Not-so-cute moments:
-Stark naked until 11:30am on Monday b/c she kept refusing to get dressed (Can you visualize mommy's over-sized round eyes of exasperation?)
-High-pitched scream-cries while hanging on the front door because she wants to wear different shoes, after we are already out the door and getting in the car, last Friday (I ignored it well)

For Piper's doctor appointment today, I thought it'd be funny if Addisyn said "what the doctor says" to Dr. Cohen, not really expecting her to do it when the time came, but she did! She kind of mumbled, but did say out loud: "no more monkeys jumping on the bed". Afterwards, she said, "I like Doctor Cohen mom" and "Doctor Cohen looked at Piper, mom." Addisyn weighs 29 lbs.

If you've been following my FaceBook updates you know Addisyn has been pooping in the potty like a champ. [*Skip this paragraph if you prefer to spare the details*] Two-three times a day, and I only fed her prunes once! She likes her "privacy" and the door latched closed. Sometimes she requests "help" and other times she wants to be alone (like Sunday's "go mommy, I want privacy" statement). She is proud of herself and enjoys the prizes. On Sunday she told me "I made a mudpile... a snake. I earned a wagon wheel." Today she tells me "my poop is brown; Piper's poop is green." Addisyn tried to poop in the "little red potty" in the back of the car today (see photo of her reading a magazine), but I think she got stage fright--not enough privacy.

Addisyn's other HUGE milestone is napping in panties--no more diapers during the day! Every day for a week straight, and I haven't even had to change the sheets.

Lastly, (and I'm sure this was a fluke, but who knows...) I was WOW-ed last night when Addisyn woke up at 11:30 (after being asleep 3 hours) saying "I have to go potty", so I took her in and, bleary-eyed, she peed in the toilet!

My AMAZING Addisyn!

Here is a fun video of Addisyn getting her wiggles out before bed tonight:

2 comments:

Kyrstyn said...

K&K demand their privacy as well while pooping! So funny!!

I can't get enough of the stuff these 2 year olds say (unless they are talking back!). It's hilarious!!

marcy said...

Yay for Addisyn! That's funny :)