It starts with last Wednesday, 6:30am--I'm already missing my babies. I almost cried at the San Diego airport when I saw little toddlers and babies, imagining Addisyn's and Piper's little hands wrapped around my own fingers. I reminded myself that I just dropped them off at grandma's the night before and I couldn't miss them yet... and by the time I could, I was having such a good time, I didn't even miss them anymore... that is, until our last day of traveling home on Monday--I have never been so antsy to get home from a trip--I was practically running through the airport terminal to go see my kiddos!
Thursday introduced me to a new experience--my 1st time getting motion sickness. I, along with about 80% of the boat passengers, tasted lunch a 2nd time. I won't recommend to anyone going snorkeling in the ocean on a windy day. The waves and swells never gave us (or our stomachs) a rest.
I really enjoyed my Friday. While Chris was in morning meetings, I went adventuring from the resort through town towards the beach. I walked over a drawbridge after watching it let a boat pass, then took my shoes off and counted nearly 40 jellyfish washed up as I walk/jogged on the beach barefoot. Then I made it to the fitness center in time for a really cool gym class called "Super Circuit" and now I have some cool new moves to make Marcy do with me at the gym at home. (I wrote them down after class so I wouldn't forget!)

Saturday we flew to New Providence Island in the Bahamas and self-toured the capital city Nassau, including seeing the governor's Pink House. We learned there are over 700 islands of which 400+ are inhabited, and they gained full independence from Britain in 1973 (and still drive on the wrong side of the road!). It was hot and humid in the sun, but the moving clouds and breezes kept us comfortable enough.
Sunday was our "resort day" and we slept in through breakfast, then enjoyed the ocean and pool hopping. The first picture at top is the beautiful view of the resort pools and ocean from our 9th floor balcony room. You can see in these snorkeling pictures how shallow and clear the ocean water is. I enjoyed my drink of choice, a "Bahama Mama," at the swim up bar. The waterfall is in one of the pools. We also had fun on the water-slide--which I videoed with my cool waterproof camera.
While we were gone, something wonderful happened for Addisyn--she is now pooping in the potty again! Thanks grammy's for whatever magic you created with that one!
It is going to take a few more days to get back to normal at home--I still haven't unpacked the girls clothes and stuff from staying at the grandparents. The nice part is that I'm feeling very calm and collected after vacationing, so I'm handling Piper's teething and Addisyn's the-world-is-coming-to-an-end-because-my-baby's-bag-isn't-hanging-in-the-right-spot type meltdown's quite well.
3 comments:
So glad you had a nice time! I like the water pictures. Guess I know which camera you brought on the trip. :-)
We loved our days with the girls, even if playing with them kept us from doing anything else constructive during the day.
Love you,
Sounds like an awesome time!! We are going to New Orleans and Florida for 8 days next month, and I am worried I am not going to make it the whole time because I will miss the girls too much!
We had a great time in FL with you two! (except tasting my lunch twice). The Bahamas looked amazing--great blog!
Post a Comment