Sunday, February 7, 2010

It's *ONLY* Teriyaki Sauce

I don't usually wait 2 weeks between blog posts, but I figured no one really wanted or needed to know the details of everyone getting sick in this house. Addisyn and Piper both got really bad colds with runny noses, coughs, and puffy red watery eyes. I may have been skeptical of humidifiers before, but I'm a true believer now--as soon as I put humidifiers in their rooms for naps and nighttime, they started sleeping longer and getting better. And it helped that I figured out how to get Addisyn to take her medicine too ("grape juice" medicine watered down in the itty bitty measuring cup with a CapriSun straw--so yummy, she kept asking for it even after she got better!). The picture is us out for a walk one afternoon in between naps, but apparently Addisyn got tired early and passed out in the stroller.

Last week, Great Grandma Grace moved to San Diego. Cousin Laurie flew out with her and we enjoyed visiting with her for a few days too. We hope grandma enjoys the weather and seeing the girls grow. Addisyn and I looked at pictures of her so grandma wouldn't be too much of a stranger, and since we are working on colors, I asked Addisyn what color her hair is, and Addisyn says "white [like] snow." Addisyn goes with Grandma Susan to see Grandma Grace every MWF (while Piper is down for her morning nap) and gives her nice hugs and kisses. Piper got to go see her on the way home Friday and was such a doll.

"ohhhhh" That's what I said when I saw how cute it was when Addisyn wanted to give Piper her bottle. I wanted a picture but didn't want to leave (you know, in case Addisyn suddenly decided she was done and tried to push Piper off), but daddy came to the rescue with a camera, so you could gush too.


Addisyn has been doing spectacular with the potty. I never have to worry about a pee-pee accident because she just never has them! I do carry--and have used--the portable toilet in the car and stroller though. Poops are still a challenge, but we are slowly making progress... we are moderating her diet with probiotics, apple juice, and raisins to keep things moving smoothly and we are thankfully avoiding the fear I had about constipation. (TMI!?) I went to the store looking for toys to motivate her because CapriSuns weren't doing the trick, but before I pulled them out, she decided she really liked Piper's "Wagon Wheels" baby snacks, so that's our latest--a "circle cookie" in a zippy bag taped to the bathroom mirror. Funny that it is something so simple. I hope I didn't spoil it though--she got a "hocket" cookie today too, so hopefully she won't expect one of those every time too. (Maybe we'll "mysteriously run out" tomorrow!)

What? you don't know what "hocket" is? Nether did I. knock? pocket? lock it? hawk it? ohhhh Chocolate! We had Girl Scout cookies out on the kitchen counter...

Tonight, Addisyn sat on the toilet 10+ times at our friend's house and I knew she needed to poop, but except for peeing once, nothing came out. So after we finally got home and I hear Chris say "OHHHHh what a MESS!" when Addisyn sat down for dinner, I naturally expected the worst, but it was only teriyaki sauce on the carpet. Only!? try the entire cup... on the table, on the chair, and on the floor. It's all about perspective, right? It was a lot, but I was so releived it wasn't the other, that I handled it with a smile!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Such suspense...it wasn't what was on the floor, but did it finally come out? do we have to wait for the next blog to find out?