Day 1 of Potty Training is officially complete.Addisyn did such a GOOD job knowing when she needed to go pee-pee. I think all but 3 tiny drops made it in the toilet! And she was SO CUTE panty-less w/leg warmers and socks!
This morning I laid out big blankets in the major play areas of the house and with a very excited voice said, "today's a play on blankets day, what fun!" (blankets to protect our carpet). Then we started after her morning poop, while Piper was napping so I could give Addisyn 100% of my attention. She wasn't really motivated to go without a diaper but took to it well, and got really excited about getting stickers and CapriSuns (more juice = more pee-pee + success) as rewards. It's a good thing we didn't use a potty chart, or we'd have run out of boxes to put stickers in. Instead, I found some silly picture cartoons on the internet of animals or characters on the toilet and she gets to decorate the picture with sparkly smiley-face stickers. She ended up with about 20 stickers at the end of the day--at 1 sticker per pee-pee (or fart--I had to give that one to her!). I tried to motivate her by offering 5 stickers for a poop, but no luck, there was no pooping tonight.
Here are the pictures at 8pm of her putting on the final sticker of the day, and showing off her "meowie" picture with all the "kackly" stickers.
1 comment:
that is a NEW system on me. very creative...keep it up.
love you both,
Post a Comment