Addisyn was SOOOO excited to go camping that she tried getting in the truck an hour before we were ready to go, and got upset that we wouldn't let her in yet! She didn't want anything to do with the buggy, but by the last day, we warmed her up enough to at least touch one. Every time a buggy or quad started, Addisyn backed up and said "safe" because she wanted to stay a safe distance from them.
It was on the cool side so we were out in jackets and beanies most of the time. So long as it isn't windy, we are okay with that! The girls loved playing in the sand with shovels, trucks, and buckets.
Inside, Addisyn and Piper spent A LOT of time playing together in their beds. If they weren't chasing each other in and out of Addisyn's pink tent, they were reading or wrestling in the Pack 'n Play. They had a blast falling into each other and knocking the other down. Here's a picture of Piper laughing, as she finally gets to be in the offensive position.
We beat the crowds and came home on the 30th. On New Year's Eve, the girls stayed up till the NY new year (9pm) and waved bye-bye to 2009 as the ball dropped and fireworks exploded on TV.
As we welcome 2010, we thought about life this last decade and it's crazy to think that Chris and I weren't even together yet 10 years ago (we started dating in 2000). We didn't discuss who we kissed on THAT New Year's Eve! ;-)
As for the next decade, I'd love to make predictions, but I don't want to put in writing or jinx anything! But I can confidently say I will be 43 years old (*OUCH! HOLY COW, YIKES!) and still happily married to Chris, dealing with new adventures of pre-teen girls.
Happy New Year and Happy New Decade!
No comments:
Post a Comment