
I can't believe
Piper is ONE already!!!! Piper turned 1 on Saturday,
January 9, 2010. A year ago, she was 6lbs, 12oz and 19" long. Now she is
21 lbs and approx. __" tall. (I think I had this same problem with Addisyn--getting height measurements is tough at this age!)

Piper was born at 12:19am, so on her birthday at
12:19am, Chris decided to take pictures of Piper. He went in her room and got some cute pictures of her sleeping, but then
got her up and took some of me holding her too! He woke us both up, but we enjoyed it and all slumbered soundly afterward.

In the morning Piper and I bonded over our last nursing session. It was emotional. I cried but am happy too. Weaning followed a natural course, as I wasn't able to "fill 'r up" anymore and she was taking a sippy cup of milk to supplement for the last week or so anyway.

At age ONE, Piper has amazed us with her skills and knowledge. The last 1-2 months has been fun as she learns to communicate and interact with our language. She loves playing games. She
throws a ball, shakes rattles, takes objects out and in of their boxes, flips pages in books, and basically
follows Addisyn's lead--chasing each other around and copying her gestures. She is not walking on her own yet, but she is such a fast and
proficient crawler, the motivation just isn't there. She got a "learning walker" for her birthday, so maybe that will help motivate her with practicing.


We had a big party for Piper on Sunday and the theme was
"Having a Ball." It was so easy and fun to find and create all things spherical and circle. Auntie Stacy even got into it and decorated a ball shaped cake for her. Piper had a ball, literally, digging her fingers down and pulling out fist-fulls of cake.
Thank you to all our friends and family who helped us celebrate, including the 11 kiddos age 3 and under.



Isn't Piper
ONE-derful!?
2 comments:
Happy Birthday little neighbor :)
xoxoxo
She looks pretty chipper for being woken up in the middle of the night!
~
Post a Comment