Friday, October 2, 2009

Manipulating Mommy

So, the girls both know how to get what they want from mommy. Piper is just communicating, but Addisyn is getting pretty smart about it, so I have to constantly remind myself to stay firm!

Addisyn says her I-have-to-go-potty "uh oh" when she is trying to avoid something she doesn't want to do (which BTW, frequently happens at naptime). I planned on it the other day and asked her if she would use the toilet before naptime, she eagerly said yes, so she then peed, and flushed, FOUR TIMES (i.e. a half and hour later) before I said "that's enough."


Piper lets me know when she DOESN'T want something. I picked her up to carry her to another room and she said "aghhhhh" really LOUDLY, so I put her down and let her walk while holding her hands and she smiled and got excited.

The prints are a sample of our painting project this week. The purple foot is Piper's and the pink hand is Addisyn's.

Both girls got sick this week and poor Piper looked so pathetic with the tears and boogers running down her face... I felt bad, but ran for the camera anyway. She wasn't like this all day though; she cheered up after a neighborhood walk in the stroller for some fresh air.

No comments: