How many times do I have to hear "this, this"? Addisyn gets all antzy (kind of hopping/dancing feet while pointing to something) and I just don't know what it is she wants... She is learning to talk, but I thought the pace would be quicker. I have no doubts we have a genius on our hands though... she understands A LOT!
Here's another update on Addisyn-speak:
-"ah tzoo" = ah choo
-"apple slice" (and "apple sauce" sounds almost exactly the same)--she LOVES apples and I usually cut them up for less mess... the other day she ate the entire apple, and today she ate an entire Costco sized pear in slices.
-"atz" = garage (She's been saying this for months, but I didn't figure out what it meant until a couple weeks ago!)
-uses the plural -s and possessive 's properly (I don't know if this is normal, but seems pretty good for her age)
-she pointed to an octagon in her shapes book and said "stop" (and it wasn't even red)
She is also learning to recognize numbers and knows "3" the best. To teach her, I let her push the buttons on the microwave and we use a toy cash register she got for her birthday (even though her favorite part of that toy is the credit card--go figure!).
Go vote---->
Piper has had so many accomplishments recently it's hard to keep up.
Exploring:
-Now we have to keep the bathroom doors closed--she likes to crawl in there too much
-She doesn't always want to sit if she's been walking around with mommy (whose back is bent over and aching); she'll straighten her hips and legs so you can't put her down in a sit position.
In the high chair:
-she will now accept stage 3 food--which is chunky
-doesn't choke on Cheerios anymore (now I can safely put a handful on her tray instead of 1 at a time)
-ate fresh fruit pieces (pear) I cut for her (although difficult to pick up since she still rakes her fingers to grab)
-enjoyed homemade mashed potatoes (Addisyn spoon fed it to her while we were taste-testing last night).
-She still loves using the sippy cup (even though I have to change her water soaked outfit afterwards).
Happy thought of the day: While I was driving home with the girls today, Piper started cracking up laughing at Addisyn who was "talking" (about who knows what), and then when Addisyn realized Piper was watching her, she got even more into it and Piper giggled some more. I smiled at how wonderful it is that they can entertain each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment