Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Height & Weight Update

The girls had their doctor visits this morning so we have updated stats to share.

Addisyn
(25 months old)
Height: 35" (75th %)
Weight: 26 lbs (50th %)

Piper (9.5 months old)
Height: 28" (75th %)
Weight: 18 lbs, 8 oz (50th %)
*I don't get it, a month ago we raced out to get Piper a new carseat because she weighed 22 lbs, and last week she was 20lbs, and today she is 18.5? All her moving and crawling must really be burning those calories! Maybe she had a growth spurt, and her belly is noticeably smaller now, so now she is evening out?

Piper was very talkative and happy for the doc and in the waiting room until naptime arose, and her shots came... but she was a trooper and then passed out for her nap in the car before we even got out of the parking lot.


On the home front, we are happily grooming Addisyn to learn that helping around the house is a normal part of being in this family. She already knows that if she spills, she picks up. And now, (I hate to call them "chores", but) I've got two jobs I'm going to let her do now-- put napkins in the napkin holder (see picture of her lovely job) and put silverware away from the dishwasher (this worked pretty well with the step stool next to the drawer).

Piper has a 3rd tooth now (apparently it came in last week) and is working on the 4th, both on top. It seems my quiz was too easy, as everyone guess right! Yes, Piper was STANDING in her crib at the front rail calling for me to come get her. And today (just hours ago) I had to save her--she stood up and was crying because she didn't know how to get back down. Apparently just letting go seems harder than it is.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

I love the picture of Addisyn in the swing. Very cute.

marcy said...

I like the picture of the napkins! :) Are you going to let her have a dog now? She understands how to pick up spills!

Karen R said...

Correction on 11/5 to Addisyn's height: She is 35" tall, not 36", as previously posted.