Thursday, July 9, 2009

It's Piper's Half Birthday Today

Today Piper turned 6 months old so we celebrated her half birthday.

She is getting pretty stable in the sitting position now. This morning I posed her on the changing table facing the mirror and you can see my arm on the side, NOT supporting her at all. She can sit like that for about 5 seconds at a time.

We met friends and went for a walk at Lake Murray today. (Thanks Julie for meeting us and helping us get out to doing something productive with the girls!) After a s-l-o-w walk (Addisyn and her friend Ellie had to get out of the strollers and walk) they fed the ducks/geese and we blew bubbles to celebrate Piper's half birthday. I posed for a picture with one girl on each knee.

Addisyn helped me take the picture of Piper with her half birthday plate. Piper loves to smile and laugh with with her big sister, so despite the difficulty getting Addisyn to not jostle the camera or put her fingers in front of the lens, she managed to get one of my favorite pictures of the day. (Piper is sitting in the rocking chair with her legs up during a giggling spell!)

Piper is also a voracious eater. She ate a bowl of cereal AND a whole jar of baby food in one sitting yesterday. (That's like 3x as much as Addisyn ever ate... goes to show each child will have her own way through the world.) She opens her mouth and leans in for the spoon, and sometimes grabs at the spoon/my fingers to pull it in. I think it is so cute when she perches her two hands on the high chair tray.


Be sure to view the slideshow of today too!

2 comments:

marcy said...

That is the cutest slideshow! She looks so grown up sitting up. So did you find the plate or did you have to buy a new one?

Karen R said...

I found the plate in the attic. It took a few tries to find it, but I thought it was so cute with Addisyn, that I had to do it again with Piper.