Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter Ears and fun stories

Happy Easter, again!
Piper got lots of attention in her bunny ears and Addisyn's super fancy dress was dirty in less than a few hours.

After church on Sunday, we went camping at Coronado Silver Strand State Beach with family. It was cold (no bathing suits in April!) but the kids didn't care. Cousin Justin hid eggs so Addisyn could have an egg hunt on the beach sand. She loved playing at the beach and running on the sand. I buried her feet in a hole we dug, but her foot came out of her sandal when we tried to get it out. Then, the wind picked up and we spent most of Tuesday in the trailer--bummer--it was like Thanksgiving at the desert and if we went outside the wind blew sand in our faces. Of course the weather got beautiful Wednesday evening after we left, and it warmed up to 85 degrees today.

On another note, it is fun to watch Addisyn with Piper... I taught Addisyn how to say "hi sister" so she says "hi sis" a lot, and she'll also take Piper's arm/hand and wave it saying "hi" for her. She also thinks all baby pictures are "sis" now, so we'll work on learning "baby" next. She certainly loves her baby sister though! After accidentally running over Piper's head with her doll stroller (Piper was laying on a blanket on the floor), Piper naturally cried, but big sister attentively came over and put the pacifier in Piper's open mouth--awwww, how sweet!

The poor girl got sick this week though; we're attibuting a low fever to the vaccinations she got at the doctor's office a few days ago. I first noticed Addisyn was warm when I kissed her forehead yesterday, and by last night her body was eminating heat. I meant to put her to bed early, but lost track of time when she sat on the couch watching a movie--I expected her to be off the couch within 10 minutes because that girl just doesn't sit still, but I couldn't believe it...she sat there in the same spot for over an HOUR--unheard of! We got the fever under control with ibuprofen, so her mood improved, but boy, was she fussy nearing naptime... After showing/telling/pointing that she wanted to go outside to play, she never made it out of the screen room where she proceeded to move, throw, and knock chairs over on their sides--simply not knowing what she wanted. Despite her moody indecisiveness, she was able to smile and laugh this afternoon and even stood "like a flamingo" (on one leg) on command ;-)

The picture of Chris and his girls was from tonight--Addisyn started clapping with the applause in the cartoon movie, Madagascar.

1 comment:

marcy said...

I love the "hi sis"! Can't wait to see it and fortunately I won't have to wait long!!