Monday, April 20, 2009

Cooling Off

Spring Break is officially over and I had to return to work today--although I was slightly bummed about giving up my free time, I was happy to be back at SCHS; everyone was smiling, happy, and refreshed from the break.

Today was a super hot day, getting up to 101 degrees. Hard to believe we were bundling up in blankets and jackets earlier this week. Piper drank water from a bottle to help stay hydrated, which was a first for her. We had to keep the house closed up until 7:30pm when it finally cooled down enough--to 80 degrees--to open the doors and windows. By that time, the girls needed fresh air, so we ventured outside and Addisyn enjoyed playing in her wading pool. I couldn't believe she could enjoy sitting in the COLD water and having it sprayed on her naked body, but she was pretty warm, so it was good to cool off. We are so happy to have a lawn to use and Piper did some good tummy time nearby.

You'll notice I added music to my blog... you can click the "pause" button if you don't want to listen to it. (I stole the idea while viewing someone else's blog, so figured out how to do it too.)

2 comments:

marcy said...

Ugh! I'm over this hot weather already and I know it's just begun!

mom said...

Skip the music (IMHO)

every time you look at something different on the Blog, you have to stop the music again.