Sunday, August 10, 2008

Eat Sand and ....... Sand

Along with some friends and family, we took our trailer and went camping at San Onofre Thursday afternoon to Sunday. It was great weather and relaxation. It was also good exercise hiking down and up from the bluffs to the beach--carrying our gear, and Addisyn getting a free ride in the hiking backpack.

Addisyn was there last summer too, but it was all dark, just like Baby A experienced it this year. I did start feeling more movements by Baby A this week. He/She was kicking Addisyn's butt while she was sitting on my lap, so I told Addisyn, she better watch out as big sister.

We wore Addisyn out at the beach, as on the way back to camp both times, she passed out in the hiking backpack. I hope you don't think I'm a mean mommy if I say I was laughing out loud watching her bobble head sway with her heavy eyelids until she finally zonked out. It really was funny to watch, and SO CUTE sleeping in there.

And now, the funny story to correspond with today's blog title: We're hanging out on the beach Friday afternoon and Addisyn is playing in the sand next to her water bucket and toys... Addisyn enjoyed grabbing handfuls of beach sand and dumping them in the water bucket. Besides putting her dirty toys in her mouth (so I can spend my afternoon cleaning the dirt away from her mouth), she puts her dirty hands in there too. Then, when I wasn't looking (Aunt Stacy caught her), she grabbed a handful of sand and put it in her mouth just like she was stuffing her face with a handful of Cheerios. Yum, yum! She didn't even seem to mind at all! Oh well, it'll come out the other end, right? Yes! The next morning, Addisyn had a nice clump of sand in her diaper (ouch!). At least we know her system works!

Today marks the end of summer vacation for me. I'm off to another year of part-time work at SCHS. It's been so long since I set an alarm clock, I don't want to think about it. Good night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen,

That story about the sand is hilarious. Sorry we didn't get to hang out again. My week got crazy and then we left for a family trip to Oregon. We just got back on Friday. Guess I'll see you soon.
-Juli

Kyrstyn said...

My girls love to eat sand as well...I just tell myself its good for their gizzard!! Glad you guys had a fun trip!