CLIMBING: Marissa keeps herself busy when I'm not keeping her busy running errands or taking her sisters places. She climbs on furniture, out of the bathtub, and stairs...
CLIMBING IN APRIL
LIVING ROOM CLIMBER
PLAYSET 18 MONTHS
MISCHIEF: Marissa entertains herself well, moving from thing to thing, dropping the prior toy at any moment on the floor to grab the next thing. We find our things in random places in the house sometimes! She loves shoes, wearing her own, or everyone else's shoes around the house. She likes taking cookie cutters out of the (unchildproofed) drawer and wearing them like bracelets. She also likes finding Piper's purple bag of jewelry and putting on as many necklaces, bracelets and tiaras as she can before we take it away. This last 3 months were a bit tough for her, as she had 4 teeth come in all at the same time, then she got sick, and since she needed her teether or pacifier to soothe so often, now she tries to sneak them out of her bed all the time. She also started throwing some classic tantrums, dropping herself to the floor crying, trying to make a scene--I just let her and ignore them; they don't last long.
KITCHEN MISCHIEF
TP MISCHIEF
DRESS UP
ROCKING HORSE TIARA
TANTRUM
TALKING: While Marissa does not respond to "stop" or hearing her own name, she does understand and speak quite a lot for her age.
She UNDERSTANDS things like pick it up, give this to ___(name), toothbrush, brush your teeth, diaper change, blow (bubbles), and flap your butterfly wings.
She REPEATS all kinds of words when we ask her to.
She KNOWS and INITITATES SAYING on her own and in appropriate context about 19 words --that her mommy can understand. She says: "pay" play, "goo gool" good girl, "help", "done", "up", "boobooles" bubbles, "pop", "bath", "chash" trash, "I la you!" I love you!, "peas" please, "ag-in" again, "baby", "-ink" or "gook" drink, "-ack" snack, "cr-ker" cracker, "-ack pack" back pack, "ball". She can also say "Pi-poo" for Piper, "Addy" for Addisyn, and "D-sy" for Daisy (Grammy's new dog).
"No" can either mean yes or no. "Uh-uh!" is a negatory!
She is even starting to understand diaper changes--if I think she needs a fresh diaper, I'll ask her what's in your diaper, and she'll say "poop", or she's fetched the diaper kit for me before I even ask.
BUBBLES, BUTTERFLY WINGS, and BRUSHING TEETH
STATS: at Dr. appointment 18.5 months (6/25/14)
Height 2' 8.75" (72%) if the nurse measured right, she grew 2"
Weight 20 lb 10 oz (20%) gained just over a pound
Head 17.91" (27%)
BMI 13.51 kg/m2
She has 16 teeth now.
Her feet grew out of size 4 shoes in just two months, and she is wearing size 5 now.
She is growing out of size 12 clothes and fits in 18 month clothing well.
DADDY DATE:
GOOD EATER:
YOGURT HEAD (she's actually very good at self feeding herself a bowl of greek yogurt all on her own without making a mess, but these pictures are more fun!)NAPPING: Poor Marissa's naps are all off schedule now that summer is here and her sisters are in activities during the day. I've had to wake her from peaceful sleep like this, or keep her up for a later nap in the early afternoon. Yesterday, she slept in the car and then in my front pack while I grocery shopped.
Thanks for checking in. This is THE END. A pretty cute end, in my humble mommy opinion. ;-)

























No comments:
Post a Comment