Addisyn made all her own phone calls to collect donations for her Jog-a-thon this year. We also talked about how many laps she would try to run. Remembering that she ran 9 last year, she set a goal for a bit more--11 laps, but then forgot what she set her goal at and started telling us she would run 12. I wasn't going to stop her; we encouraged her.
Then, Jog-a-thon was delayed a few days due to the fires in San Diego that broke out days before and caused county-wide school closures on Thursday and a no recess day Friday (due to air quality concerns). I was glad it was rescheduled quickly--for the following Tuesday--and everyone was happy because the weather was cooler too! It is so nice to have an involved and organized PTA and event chairs who are on top of things. The coordinator had lap counter cards made that were pinned to the kids' backs and then teachers and volunteers marked their cards as they rounded their corner of the field.
I enjoyed running with Addisyn for many laps. I pushed the double stroller for some, then left the stroller with another mom for some laps. Piper even ran a few. She was having fun and we alternated running and walking different sides of the field to keep her moving. She met her goal, sprinting the last lap or two in order to get all 12 in the nick of time. (There was a 30 min time frame to run in.)
She really wanted Grammy there, so Grammy dropped everything at work to come cheer Addisyn on. And when Addisyn wanted her to run her last lap with her, she did! It was a fun final lap.
They say 5 laps = 1 mile, so that means Addisyn ran 2.2 miles! WOW!
Fuerte students ran 1,306 miles in all--that's almost all the way to Canada!
.jpg)




1 comment:
Neat info. I didn't realize she ran 2.2 miles, I'm impressed. It is nice the stroller is holding up. I didn't think it would get so many years of use when you picked it out.
The Rand girls look great (didn't Marissa get to run any of it?).
Post a Comment