We are at 11 weeks now. All the baby's organs are present. According to Mayo Clinic, the "baby might measure about 2 inches long from crown to rump and weigh almost 1/3 ounce". (About the size of a lime.)The girls are excited about "the secret in mommy's tummy." However at this point they think we can keep it a secret from grandma until it comes out---ha ha! Piper now mentions that she is a Big sister.
![]() |
| 9 weeks 3 days on May 1st, 2012 |
We told the girls at 6 weeks, the day before Easter, when we told our family. I wasn't ready for full public disclosure yet, so sorry if you were left out of the loop. Now that the pregnancy is further along and with positive evidence from the ultrasound, we are happy to share the excitement with everyone.
I've had some good days, but mostly I feel yucky 80% of the day. A combo of nausea, tiredness, insomnia, lessened taste, headaches, and hormone fluctuations make it hard to listen to my body. I have to curl in a ball before sneezing to prevent stomach muscle cramps.
The fun is when the girls hug and kiss it and blow raspberries on my tummy.
Funny things the kids said:
Last weekend, Piper said, "I don't want the baby to have hands" because she doesn't want the baby to be able to take her toys away from her.
Addisyn has decided if the baby is a boy, its name will be "Cloud", and if it's a girl, its name will be "Rainbow".
We will keep updating!

1 comment:
What a pleasant surprise - congratulations :) The new house will fill up quickly with baby stuff again. So happy for you - love reading your blog. I don't know how you find the time to do it!
Post a Comment