Sunday, February 6, 2011

A (Busy &) Happy Life

I am sooooooo behind on my blogging! I am teaching and working more this term and I'm still adjusting to my new schedule, which is impeding my free time. Apparently I haven't pulled out my camera as much either. Pictures are usually the inspiration for my blog stories, so it's harder when I don't have as much documented with the camera.
I got a Droid smart phone for Christmas, and just realized tonight that I could download those pictures, so I have a few more than I initially thought.

Here's Piper hanging out in the backyard. There's Piper again, upside-down and "cleaning up" the bowl of lima beans she dropped on the floor.

I enjoyed taking the girls to the zoo in their zebra pants to see the zebras.



Chris was out of town a few days, so here's one of Addisyn calling daddy on her toy phone, telling him about her day just before bedtime.

The remainder of the photos are from today. We really enjoyed desert camping this weekend in Ocotillo at Camp Cooper with our friends and a crowd of kids inside the FENCED property (so mommy could relax and enjoy it more). The weather was beautiful and it was so nice that the kids played outside practically ALL day Saturday, but of course I have no pictures. So I got one of Addisyn riding her bike while we were unpacking.

Addisyn also helped daddy take the Christmas lights down off the house today. Yes, we've been so busy, we are finally doing it in February! She was such a good girl today, we let Addisyn climb the ladder AND she went in the attic with me.

"Where's your bum-bum Piper?"
Piper REALLY wants to go poop on the potty and be like her sister, but isn't having any luck with the #2's yet. But she keeps trying! She claps and cheers for her pee-pees, even when I'm not in the room--so I know she was successful! How cute! I'm hoping she'll be ready for potty training when I have spring break.

She wasn't so hot on sharing the potty though--she brought her hand back and tried pushing Addisyn's bum off the other side! (Addisyn didn't budge--she had "business" to do!) Comical.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Oh my gosh - the potty picture is hilarious. I laughed so hard. Especially with our childhood experience. :)