Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Piper is TWO years old!


Piper is TWO!
As I promised to daddy/hubby, both carseats are now officially turned forward facing. Addisyn will still fold her legs up, but has also discovered kicking the back of the driver's seat. It is also much easier for me to grab Piper when she tries to hide/run away to the car floor instead of buckling in.

I noticed Piper doesn't have her "baby hands" anymore; they are bigger and more proportional to her arms. She has the most joyous smile. If we can get her to stop hitting/pushing/biting her sister, then we'll be set. I am amazed at what she knows and how many words she uses. She has over 130 words in her spoken vocabulary now and is putting simple sentences together. She also sings a few tunes with a few recognizable words here and there.
  • "Thank you much"
  • "Excuse you Daddy"
  • "I want up you"
  • "Here mommy, hold this"


On her actual birthday, Piper had a wonderful party with lots of kids. She blew out her own candles (we practiced during the week). When we ask how old she is, she happily says "TWO" and will either show you her two pointer fingers, or struggle ("help pease") with folding the extra fingers down on one hand to hold two fingers the way an adult would do it.

Addisyn helped by putting all the "snowflake star" sprinkles on the pink cupcakes. She took care to do it well and for a while was picking out sprinkles one at a time, one color at a time--it was cute to see her happily creating beautiful cupcakes. It was nice to have help since I was buying eggs for them at midnight and baking at 7am.

Luckily the bounce house didn't break until the very end of the party (and it is now getting replaced).



I have been busy juggling my new work schedule (LOVING teaching again), so I wish I had this blog done sooner, but glad to be able share nevertheless.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday to Piper Joy!

Mom said...

Piper is so mellow, I'm surprised you focused on her hitting/pushing/biting her sister. Seems to me she's just learned to defend herself from her older sibling, and now is "teaching" Addisyn to back off and that she can't grab things from Piper at will.

I think she is very intelligent and curious little girl; who is enjoying her independent mobility. Now she can work on those "follow directions" and "don't wander off" skills. :-)