Thursday, February 10, 2011

Curious George

Addisyn's preschool class is using Curious George to inspire future readers and writers by having each classmate take the monkey home for a day and (have a parent) write about their adventures together in a journal. It can then be read at circle time and by future preschoolers when it is their turn to take Curious George home.

Addisyn was super excited. Thanks Ms. Vicci and Foothills UMC Preschool--we think you're great!

Curious George's Adventure with Addisyn Rand, February 10, 2011

After school, Addisyn held me in her lap so I could play with her in the car while we picked up her little sister from grandma's house. When we got home, we did three great things.

First, Addisyn took me for a nature walk in her front yard and we collected leaves, sticks, and flowers. She pushed me in her shopping cart and put our nature collection in the basket. It was super fun to make a leaf kabob--I've never done that before! Addisyn picked the best green leaves and poked the stick through the leaves to make it, and then she gave it to me. Thanks Addisyn!

Next, I watched Addisyn water-paint. I was curious about her mixing paint and wanted to help, but we ended up making a mess, spilling green paint off the table and onto the floor. It's okay, Addisyn's mommy cleaned me up with baby wipes.

After a little rest, I helped Addisyn decorate her valentine cards for the valentines party tomorrow by putting heart stickers on the cards. I even got to wear a heart sticker on my shirt to wear at school on Friday. I am excited for fun Friday.


Good night. I got a bedtime story and my very own lovey for the night. Now I'm going to sleep all cozy with Addisyn under her furry polka-dot blanket. Sweet Dreams!

No comments: