Thanksgiving Feast at SuperstitionWe had Thanksgiving dinner at the desert this year. At the start of our meal we went around the table naming something we are thankful for. It's amazing, because our lives are so full of material things, yet most the "thankful for's" were all about people. It goes to show that of all the THINGS in the world, the most important is our relationships with others. I am blessed to have so many people around me who are kind and care about others. I enjoyed having my extended family around this weekend.
I am thankful my Grandma was able to join us, and ENJOYED it!
Our first ever attempt at using a deep fryer, and first time cooking a real turkey You should have seen my face with my hand inserted in the turkey's body while prepping it (*ewwwaghh*)--I was sooooo disgusted! Chris was master of the oil and propane and there were NO flare up incidents.
Addisyn and Piper enjoyed camping and playing in the great outdoors....and THANKS to Stacy and Marcy for the photo credits here, because I forgot my camera at home.
Lastly, I must share the interesting exercise on Facebook I did this month leading up to Thanksgiving. Here are the instructions and what I wrote:
Every day this month until Thanksgiving, think of one thing that you are thankful for and post it as your status. "Today I am thankful for..." The longer you do it, the harder it gets! Now if you think you can do it then repost this message as your status to invite others to take the challenge, then post what YOU are thankful for today.
>I am truly thankful for all the blessings in my life. I've been using FB daily to post things I am thankful and really enjoyed it. I hope everyone is able to take a step back tomorrow and appreciate a few things you'd otherwise take for granted. I am so happy to live in a wonderful place with wonderful people all a...round me--I love you all! Thank you for being a part of who I am.
>Today I am thankful I had a chance to hang out with an old HS friend for a couple hours.
>Today I am thankful for extra security in parking lots, esp during the holiday season.
>Today I am thankful for laughter [*this is one of my favorites!]
>Today I am thankful for my tatas [*written on the weekend of the 3-day walk for a cure for breast cancer]
>Today I am thankful for such great family!
>Tonight I am thankful that my sister is a good and attentive driver. And I am thankful for all the good drivers out there (except the guy who sped through a red light in front of her!)
>Tonight I am thankful for such well behaved kids! Both girls were WONDERFUL at Souplantation tonight.
>Today I am thankful that I work with such great people at SCHS.
>Today I am thankful for 30% off coupons at Kohls.
>Today I am thankful for fantastic friendly neighbors
>Today I am thankful that my hubby survived boy's weekend and is almost home.
>Today I am thankful for close family.
>Today I am thankful for a strong, smart, loving, supportive hubby who also isn't afraid of emptying the diaper champ.
No comments:
Post a Comment