Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Happy Addy

Addisyn put the silverware away all by herself with no help from mommy--in fact, I left the room and when I came back, the drawer was closed and she was trying to put the rack back in the dishwasher--way to go Addisyn! (And YES, all the silverware was in the right places!)


Something clicked in Addisyn's brain this weekend too, because now, instead of a new word every few days, its every day--it is so exciting! Adding to the list of words she can now say are: in, out, two, nine, cake, yummy, happy, and night-night.
Today she laid a little-people guy in a bed and said "nigh-nights." She is combining 2 or 3 words too, as in "cake please mommy" (we went to a birthday party on Sunday). When I ask if she is happy, she'll say "Happy Addy" and when I ask about Piper, she'll say "Happy Sis" and so forth with different people. I love it!!!



The 2nd picture is Addisyn sharing a snack with Piper. She loves the little Gerber snacks and frequently asks for them, so Piper shares periodically.


These two girls have been playing so well together the last few days... I am such a "Happy mommy."

2 comments:

marcy said...

Addisyn looks much happier about sharing the gerber snacks than Piper!

Juli Friesen said...

Karen, I loved this post. It is so fun to see sisters playing together isn't it? Also, I can't believe how good Piper is moving around. So exciting too that Addisyn is talking more. It really is like a switch, and it helps us moms so much when they can communicate more.

_juli