Sunday, June 21, 2009

Daddy's Day

Happy Father's Day!

Since Bernie and Chris love airplanes and flying so much, we're following a tradition on going to the Gillespie Field Cafe for Father's Day. The service isn't much, but the scenery is tops. Today we watched a banner drop, a banner pick up, and multiple planes in and out. "Bampa" enjoyed holding Piper and the dads posed for a picture with the girls.


Here are my thoughts in honor of Father's Day:

First off, I am very thankful to have such a great dad who was and always will be there for me and for teaching me how to be a good person.

I am so lucky and happy that my children have such wonderful male role models. Their father and grandfathers are all smart, thoughtful, loving, and supportive men who would do anything for their children and grandchildren.

Chris is a good dad. Here's some things he enjoys about being a dad so far:
  • tickling
  • giggles
  • "kai a kies"
  • his sleeping baby in his arms
  • pushing Addisyn & Piper on the swings in the backyard
  • Disney Princess (ha! do you thing he'll read this?)
  • and the fabulously AMAZING mother of his children!
And what is Chris' observation of fatherhood? "it's a lot more sobering" he says. I guess more late nights hanging out with the boys when you have children with bedtimes to adhere to!

Happy Father's Day gentlemen--I hope you enjoy every moment of it!

No comments: