Addisyn has a booster chair at the "big table" now and she uses it to eat "clean" foods (i.e. things like yogurt or drinking out of a regular cup still take place in the high chair). The goal is to get her used to it, so she can start sharing her--no make it the--high chair with Piper, who sits in it periodically and will be eating there very soon.
Addisyn now "meows" very well and can also idenify and say "mice" in her farm animals book. Another word she says a lot is please and it is absolutely adorable--The other day she met another little girl who was playing ball, so Addisyn put her arms out, palms up, and said "peese" (too bad the girl didn't want to share initially, but eventually did and they played catch together very well).
We spend a lot of our day saying hi to each other. We'll say "hi mommy" "hi Addisyn" back and forth like 10 times at a time!
She loves to point things out that she sees to us. Monday, she gave me a play-by-play of her snack, saying "ah a ee" (strawberry) or "nana" while showing me the piece she was about to put in her mouth. And she is constantly saying mommy or daddy while pointing to things she associates with us--soda cans are daddy, books are mommy, the truck and BMW are daddy, and the Murano is mommy...
The picture of her sleeping is the mirror reflection as I pointed the camera to the back (I was at a stoplight). I took the girls for a long stroller walk/running errands and was late getting home for naptime. I just thought it was so cute the way she had her hand over her shoulder, to rest her head upon.
I have no idea when the next teeth are supposed to come in, but I wonder if Addisyn is teething because she has a runny nose with cough, is putting her fingers in her mouth, and has been crying in her sleep. I have had to help her get back to sleep 3 times in the last couple days. I tell/show her 100 times a day to cover her mouth when she coughs and get frustrated when she doesn't (and sprays saliva/boogers/cooties on me), but I have to remind myself she is only 1 1/2 years old and to relax (breath deep and wash your hands mommy!).
I'll finish this blog on a giggle-- Yesterday while I was laying on my back on the bathroom floor trying to fix the toilet, Addisyn came and sat on my tummy, leaned in close and said "Hi Mommy!" with our noses inches apart, and I just had to laugh out loud as I stared into her beautiful big round eyes. "Hi Addisyn, I love you"
1 comment:
I love the picture of her sleeping! So Sweet! Happy 21 Month Birthday Addisyn!! It is crazy how fast time is flying!
Post a Comment