Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Piper is growing

Piper went to the doctor today. This picture is of her resting with her band-aids on her legs.

Piper's stats at 4 months and 3 days old:
Weight:
13 lbs 2 oz (25-50%)
Length: 23 in (10%)
Head circumference: 16 in (25-50%)

We keep trying to remember how big Addisyn was compared to Piper and everyone's guesses have been that Piper is bigger, but surprise! ...we found out today that is just not true--so far Addisyn was slightly bigger at this age (I looked it up--she was 50% weight and 50-75% length at 4 1/2 months old). Maybe we just keep thinking Piper is younger than she really is... I have been randomly caught off guard when I realize how old she is already.

Piper also had 6 immunizations and it's been a rough day for her. She needed lots of holding and mommy love today. I stood outside under a tree for a long time today just holding her in the fresh air to keep her calm (and so she wouldn't cry in the house while her big sister was napping). She got a low grade fever, so we gave her ibuprofen which helped. I hope she sleeps deep tonight (but fear a restless night).

Piper milestones to date:
-smiles and giggles
-rolls from tummy to back
-no head lag when pulled to sitting position
-watches and "plays with" her big sister
-grasps toys in her hands (but no reaching for objects yet)
-1st sleepover was Sat night at Grammy & Grampy Rand's

2 comments:

marcy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
marcy said...

I'm glad she was feeling better today! Even if she was asleep most of the time that I saw her.

Also, you forgot "diaper changes" on the poll :)