Saturday, October 8, 2016
Karen & Chris' Bdays
I've never done a birthday dinner at Corvette Diner before; it was a loud party atmosphere. The girls loved the straws in their hair and the arcade room after dinner.
For my big 4-0 this year, I wanted to do indoor skydiving since there's a new place in town.So Chris took me to iFly in Mission Valley. You take a little instructional class, put on a jumpsuit, helmet, and goggles, and go in a vertical wind tunnel. Defying gravity was pretty cool, even if you're just hovering a foot or two off the net/ground level. There is a controller at a computer adjusting the wind speed for each person's body size so that you stay at a certain level. Handholds on your jumpsuit allow an instructor get you in position and he lets go if you maintain good balance. Staying in proper form is harder than it looks when there are 80mph winds blowing your arms and legs around. I did pretty well, even if I banged my elbow on the glass tube once or twice. Ouch, but I didn't care because I was having so much fun!
I'm so spoiled and feel unfair that on HIS turn, Chris got a boring black suitcase and I left him to go camping with his youngest two children on his bday wknd without me. (Our family had reservations at South Carlsbad the same weekend as the Girl Scout Encampment.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment