Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Our 13 Year Anniversary!

13 years!

Trying to come up with a new way to pose in my wedding dress this anniversary, I thought, why not show the reason I FIT in it again this year?  I am a lucky girl to have the pool and the girls/ladies I swim with, who make exercise fun and motivational!





Chris and I are both happy to say that we still LOVE each other, and marriage is STILL good.  We like to make time for each other in the evenings relaxing outside in one of our three favorite places: on the back patio by the firepit, in the jacuzzi, or sitting on the front patio enjoying the sound of the pond waterfalls.  Every once in a while, we enjoy avoiding TV and having conversation that we don't have time for during the day.  We chat about our day, our plans, the kids, and discuss worldly and philosophical issues.  We still kiss each other every morning before headed out for the day, and at night before falling asleep.  
Making time for *us* in Paso Robles.

I love being married to this guy.  We make a great team.  Of course we sometimes get frustrated with each other over day-to-day annoyances (his dirty socks on the floor, me "hiding" (moving/putting away) things so he can't find them), but I think we both know there are so many things each of us do that are both visible and "behind the scenes," that we have to appreciate what the other does.  We both do things without having to be asked, and prioritize each other's requests when asked.  We also know and use each other's strengths in getting things done--both the day-to-day necessities and planning for the trips and activities that bring us closer together as a couple and as a family.   Making memories together is important to us.  And, we share our concerns and support each other in our struggles.  I think because we take time on a regular basis to discuss issues and events (both personal and worldly), "calibrate" our goals together, and reinforce our values, we are able to constantly fine-tune our efforts and behavior as a team.



Chris is a good role model for our kids and he keeps things FUN!


We've made so many life-decisions together, and I look forward to many many many more years of  knowing I've got this person by my side through all the fun and agony life brings us.  I am so thankful for Chris and I feel so blessed to have our relationship.  

We got to play dress up:  Date night (a.k.a. work function)
Ha! Chris didn't realize I put on my matching shirt until we were already out of the house.
 


No comments: