Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Piper's preschool performance assessment

Today I went to Piper's Preschool Parent-Teacher Conference.  Ms. Colombina couldn't say enough nice things about Piper.   Piper is definitely ready for kindergarten

She gave us two checklists--one a developmental checklist for four year olds, and the other a checklist for kids ready for kindergarten.  They look at physical development (fine motor and gross motor skills), social development (verbal expression and group dynamics), cognitive development (academics--letters/words/math/science/special development), and knowing her personal information

On her developmental checklist, Piper does everything "Most of the time", and the only items that were marked "Is learning" are things they are just getting to in school but that I've already observed her do at home. 

From the kindergarten checklist, I am proud that she "uses words instead of being physical when angry" and "expresses feelings and needs". 

She is getting better at writing her name, using proper capitalization and lowercase, and writing smaller and smoothly. 

Ms. Colombina wrote: "Piper is a sweet, bright, and friendly girl!  :)  She is a special beautiful girl!!"

 

Piper was excited to pick up her kindergarten registration packet at Fuerte today!
 

No comments: