Look at this beautiful girl!
She gets three days of birthday celebrations. First she had a gymnastics party with friends last weekend (the foam pit was the main attraction), then she got to be a queen at school (and sharing a bday with classmate/friend Holly), went out to dinner with family at Peter Piper Pizza, and will blow out candles again next weekend with all the family for September birthdays.![]() |
| Foam Pit (L-R): Back--Bella J, Ava M, Piper, Anna C, Addisyn, Alli G, Brookelyn C, Davey Z, Allison K, Cadence G. Front--Alli T, Brett C, Holly K, Justine G, Makena Q. |
Today she helped read her own birthday cards, opened a bank account (daddy gave her $60 to deposit), and gets to use a booster seat in the car (we took out the 5 point harness). And she advanced to a "2-wheel" razor scooter.
At this age, her inquisitive nature asks "why...." a lot! She asks a million questions, and I love that she wonders, and I want to teach her, but my oh my! I am frequently remembering my parents saying that *I* used the "why" word a lot as a kid. In the car she asks about the street signs and yellow lines on the road, on our morning walks she asks about the weather or the crossing guards, after school she asks why I parked so far away, and in the evening she asks if I'm frustrated because my tone is tired and irritable (loud). Now I'm working on answering with questions in return, trying to get her to THINK on her own of possible answers (as in "what/why do YOU THINK ...?"). I think the only time she does NOT ask "why" is when we are doing homework; then she either spends more time prepping/decorating her paper with lines or numbering etc, or just turns her brain off and says "I don't know."
We are working with her on focus and actually listening when we speak to her ("What? What did you say?"). She is really great about sharing with Piper and her friends, and she is great helping with Marissa.
She is eagerly waiting to lose some teeth, since her friends have missing teeth, and tries telling me hers are loose. Not yet, but the tooth-fairy has been put on alert ;-D
6 ... 5 ... 4 ... 3 ... 2 ... 1









No comments:
Post a Comment