Thursday, August 29, 2013

First week of school


Phew!  Momma made it through summer!  Now we are adapting to our new school schedule and working out the kinks in our morning routines.

Piper is in the 4 year old class at preschool.  Her first day was Monday 8/19.  She was excited to find out she is in Ms. Colombina's class, since she already knew that Ms. Colombina loves her. 



Addisyn is in 1st grade at Fuerte.  Her first day was Thursday 8/22.  She (we) has walked to school every morning so far.  She is in Mrs. Lindgren's class, room 21.  There are just 22 students in her class, so I am excited about the attention she will get this year.  I also like that her teacher is into affirmations--Addisyn has already told me, "Mom, did you know I'm a Can-Do-Kid?  Mrs. Lindgren said I'm a Can-Do-Kid; all first graders are Can-Do-Kids."




We did a lot of talking about "new friends" and "old friends" in preparation for their new classes.  We also had our 2nd annual school starting party and Alli joined us.  The girls got some school supplies including clothes and new lunchboxes.  



Marissa is adapting as usual, even despite getting sick after only 2 days of a sister bringing home germs from school.  Maybe Zoey liked the taste of boogies.

No comments: