Marcy Edgar & Matt Hughes
September 14, 2013
Surprise, it's a wedding! Eliminating most of the fanfare surrounding the event of a wedding, Marcy and Matt chose to invite their friends to a going away/engagement party. They wanted to get married without all the "fuss" and wanted to hang out with their friends before moving cross-country to Virginia, so we hosted a backyard event for them. Many family members were "in" on the secret, but friends enjoyed the surprise.
I got to spruce up my yard for the event, so I spent a couple months arranging landscape work...clearing, fixing, planting. The yard was finally ready with just one day to spare. There was a limited time-frame to work with, since it was scheduled between Matt's deployment orders.
I also helped plan the ceremony, helped them select their vows, and I wrote a toast, of which I cried while reading. I loved all the time I spend reading about marriage and reflecting on the wonderful significance of having someone to trust and make life better with. I love being married!
Being a casual event took much pressure off the details, so there was less stress I think. (Ha Ha... as I write this, I think of the numerous stressors my sister faced with marriage, moving, falling off a ladder and cracking her skull, medications, and hosting her new mother-in-law in her home.) Thanks go to all the friends and family who participated, planned, and helped set up and clean up. We had three days of festivities at our home. It took three more days to decompress afterwards.
Addisyn and Piper felt special as flower girls, so they got to hold an orange flower matching Marcy's and sit front row during the ceremony.
3 sisters; 3 friends forever
How sweet.... Addisyn made Marcy a card and a wedding ring out of pink construction paper; the heart shaped ring says "I love you."
The girls also liked posing with their pretend casts (made with purple construction paper and post-monkey-bar-blister-bandages) so they could be like Aunt Marcy.
...and they lived happily ever after...
...in a temporarily long distance relationship. Matt took off for Virgina, while Marcy stayed behind to heal and get their La Mesa home packed out and ready for rental. She will join him soon, and hopefully they will enjoy a nice honeymoon at a later date.
Welcome to the family Matt!


.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment