Monday, February 25, 2013

Curious George visits again

Piper's preschool class is using Curious George to inspire future readers and writers by having each classmate take the monkey home for a day and (have a parent) write about their adventures together in a journal. It can then be read at circle time and by future preschoolers when it is their turn to take Curious George home.  Addisyn did this in 2011, so we were able to reminisce while reading that entry.  Piper waited patiently for her turn and was the last one in her class to get him--this is her entry.  Thanks Ms. Vicci--it was fun.



Curious George’s playdate with
Piper RandFebruary 25, 2013
    
Today is Monday and Piper took me to her house today.  I know her sister Addisyn already from Ms. Vicci’s class two years ago, but I didn’t recognize the house because they moved last year.  Now they have a new house with many pine trees. 
    
We went outside and collected pine cones that had fallen off the pine trees and landed on the ground.  They are brown and pokey.  Piper cleaned them by pulling the pine needles out, and I sat in the cool shade because it was a hot day. 

    
Then she let me play soccer with her on the grass in her backyard.  The ball was black and white, and round and rolly.  I liked pushing the ball with my feet and my head.  Piper kicked it further than I could.
    
At 2:00, I shared the stroller with Piper’s baby sister Marissa to pick up Addisyn from Kindergarten.  I am almost the same size as baby Marissa, who is 3 months old.  I am a little shorter, but our heads are the same size.
    
Since it is Dr. Seuss week, we sat on the couch and read Green Eggs and Ham.  I liked the book.  My favorite page was when the cat in the hat tries it and likes it.  Then we ate green eggs and ham and drank green milk for dinner.  Piper and I liked the ham, but not the green eggs.  Addisyn liked her green scrambled eggs.

We are getting ready for bed now.  I am not afraid of the dark.  Piper says I can read to her in bed with her flashlight. 
    
Piper took good care of me.  Piper is a kind friend.

No comments: