Saturday, October 13, 2012

30-32 weeks: 7 months

30-32 weeks: 7 months down ... 2 months to go!

We may have been in school for a month already, but summer wasn't over yet!  We at least escaped the inland heat for a weekend camping at San Elijo.  The weather couldn't have been more perfect for us. 

My doctor recently told me I was anemic and my iron supplements had yet to kick in energy-wise, so I've been pretty worn out.  I laid down all of Saturday morning either in the trailer or on a beach blanket, but I did manage to get my feet wet for a short time. The girls continue to adore the baby in my belly and Chris got a great snapshot of Addisyn kissing my belly at the beach! 
We hung out with friends and even the girls' best friend Allison G came to play and visit for the afternoon.

The number of times I can forget that I'm pregnant are dwindling as my belly continues to expand.  I'm bumping into things and knocking things over with it now.  It is getting harder to stay comfortable, and baby Rainbow's movements are getting bigger and stronger as she grows.  Her playfulness might make it hard to nap or sleep, but they sure do make me SMILE!


Recovering from busy weekdays, my Saturday mornings lately have consisted of me doing a lot of NOTHING!  I was happy last week to sit in our brand new patio chair for about three hours.  The girls played outside and kept me company. Chris was out of town this whole week, so I was thankful for the opportunity to relax still.  Sometimes Piper would sit with me with her hand on my belly waiting to feel the baby kick. 


With no more than two months to go, the nursery is NOT ready!  Hmmm, comparing the first and third, are we typical?  Addisyn's nursery was painted, furnished, decorated, and we even had the baby monitor plugged in at this time.  THIS baby's room still has boxes piled up from our move to this house, no window shades, and not even a crib mattress yet.  That is this weekend's project--to move the non-baby stuff out to other closets so we can actually walk in there. 

The carseat situation is still a dilemma too.  I tried musical carseats in my Nissan Murano, having to use the narrow fit seat from Susan's car to make it work.  Infant seat on the side, rather than in center, seems better, but neither this nor driving the truck is a permanent solution; yet minivan shopping hasn't progressed either. 

At least we've narrowed down the baby name list to just a few.  Chris and I are so busy, we practically have to make it an agenda item to discuss it.  (Addisyn, being first, was already named at this time.) 

So we have a few things to do still, and we're not concerned (um...until now that I've put it all together in words), but aren't worried.   A newborn doesn't need much more than loving parents.  So once we get some diapers, we'll have everything she needs, and the rest will come in its own good time. 

No comments: