Welcome to the sister's club baby GIRL!
Chris and I only kept it a secret for less than a week before announcing baby's sex with "Christmas in July." Since we were camping with family, it worked out perfectly to tell them all at the same time, and we were able to make it exciting for the two big sisters. I wrapped three over-sized boxes--one to Addisyn, one to Piper, and one to baby--in Christmas wrapping paper; Addisyn and Piper wore their Christmas jammies for the occasion and they got to open their gifts. The grandma's got to open the one for baby, and my mom was so full of anticipation she nearly broke the box busting it open! Each of the three girls got a balloon, a matching shirt, and a few other fun girly items. I made the shirts to say "sister's club" and then say "baby sister," "lil big sister," and "bigger sister" in the heart of corresponding size. Addisyn and Piper love their shirts and their baby sister.
Yesterday, while pointing to each heart on her shirt, Piper said, "this one says I love baby sister, this one says I love Piper, and this one says I love Addisyn." (gush)
We have plenty of time to work on names, but since Addisyn declared two months ago that the baby would be called "Cloud" for a boy or "Rainbow" for a girl, we now affectionately call her "Baby Rainbow". We'll let it last until she comes out.
Baby Rainbow is happily growing inside and right on track, with all the right measurements and bones in the right places. She had two ultrasounds. She was sleeping during the first one at 18 weeks and wouldn't budge for us to see all angles, so we had a second one at 21 weeks, which is where this 4D picture came from. Hard to believe she is only 14 ounces here (especially since I've gained 15 lbs already).
...half baked and kicking...

No comments:
Post a Comment