Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Happy Birthday to me

I enjoyed my birthday today.  Despite forgetting to set my alarm clock and after being up with Addisyn's growing pains at 2am, I still woke up in a happy mood (probably left over from mommy's night out the night before).

My coworkers had goodies for me today and my students sang "Happy Birthday" to me as I walked in the door (complete with "cha cha cha"'s).  One student even made me a giant cupcake cake (with the frosting piped on with the parts of a paragraph--what we just learned in class) and cupcakes to share with the whole class.  I got to wear a button that says "Today is my birthday."

This afternoon Addisyn and I made construction paper balloons with ribbons and decorated the house.  The girls loved running through the homemade streamers.  Then we went to Sue & Bernie's house for dinner with the immediate family and gifts.  On the way there I asked Addisyn "What is mommy getting in her gift?" and Addisyn shook her pointer fingers side to side saying in a kind of sing-song voice, "We don't te-ell." Secrets were not part of her vocabulary last year, so this was fun.  We stuck our fingers in the cake frosting and the girls helped me open my gifts.

My 6th anniversary of turning 29 was a great day!

1 comment:

MaryfsRD said...

Happy Late Birthday!! (I had it in my calendar...maybe I should look at it every once in a while. sorry for saying so late) I'm glad you had fun!!