Piper's class was one of the first groups on stage. They performed to "A Whole new World." Watching the two-year old class is just comical, as they watch each other and wonder what comes next--you can hear their teacher, Ms. Kristin, telling them what to do, such as "point your toes." I had fun watching Piper twirl 4 and 5 times in a row.
Addisyn's class was on shortly after, performing to what Addisyn calls "The Ariel song." They start out on the floor like seaweed, and the ending is so cute blowing a kiss. Addisyn was line leader and knew the routine well.
I am so proud that they both got on stage, did the whole thing, and didn't cry! I was not at the performance, but was smiling and tearing up watching the video later that night. (I was at my school's graduation that evening.) I speculate that it was a good thing I wasn't there because there was no mommy to cling to, but then again, maybe they would have done that well with me there too.
Enjoy watching (and re-watching like I do)... Click picture below to open a new window with both videos:
![]() |
| dance recital June 2011 |
P.S. Thanks also to Ms. Kristin and The Dance Co. for an organized program and costumes and hair bows that are simple and cute (not gaudy thank goodness), and also for answering all my questions as a mom totally new to the dance world.

No comments:
Post a Comment