Sunday, June 19, 2011

Piper is Potty Trained!

It's been one week and I think she's really got the hang of it now!  Piper potty trained this week and loves wearing panties! We've been quite the homebodies this week, especially the first few days, but she has been in the car a few times now and we haven't had any problems yet.  We even went to Target and let her pick out her very own potty training underwear -- she picked the ones with cars and trucks; she says her favorite color is blue now.  She's progressed from wetting 6 pairs of undies to now just 1 or none.

Addisyn had been a good big sister, encouraging (actually she can't get the word right and keeps saying "enthasizing") and helping Piper by watching her in the bathroom (can you see her feet in the photo?) and getting her stickers for prizes to wear or put on her potty picture.  Of course, Addisyn wants a prize every time Piper earns one, so I proclaimed that she can have one for being "encouraging and helpful"--thus, the stickered potty picture for Addisyn and Addisyn getting a Thin Mint cookie every time Piper gets one too.


I was especially excited when she was trying to go #2, so I offered a chocolate cookie as incentive, which was pretty motivating.  Piper got upset Friday when she couldn't produce anything because she REALLY wanted a cookie!

It's been a good ride, much better than our first attempt at training during spring break (that one only lasted 2 hours before I gave up!).  Overall, it's been a fun week of stickers, high-fives, high-tens, cookies, and the potty dance as rewards.

No comments: