Friday, May 27, 2011

Life is Good

2 day work week, 4 nights in Vegas, another day off, 4 day work week, 4 day weekend... and only 7 school days left of work.  Life ain't too bad.

Chris and I went to his MetLife conference in Las Vegas las week while Addisyn and Piper got to have a sleepover at Grandma Sue and Grandpa Bernie's house for 4 nights in a row.  Grandma and and Grampy were pretty tired, but Chris and I came back rejuvenated and rested.  The blackjack table treated us well and the highlight was the exclusive John Mellancamp concert.  Chris took this picture on his Blackberry phone.  It was an awesome concert and I really liked the electric violin.
We are so thankful for Chris' parents and all they do for us.  We are so lucky for such a loving family.  Thank you Sue and Bernie for last week and for every day so I can have the opportunity to teach another year.  We are also glad for you that Addisyn didn't wake up in the middle of the night with growing pains on your watch.

When we got home, the car was dirty, so on Sunday afternoon Addisyn helped me wash it.  I don't know why, but she gets so excited about washing the car.  She does a thorough job on her bike too.

Piper had a new accomplishment recently--she can pedal her bike now!  She is so proud and was even showing off for the neighbors yesterday.  Here's a short video:

Today was another great day, opening a 4-day holiday weekend.  Our beach-camping plans were suddenly nixed earlier this week, so it could have been a downer, especially since Addisyn couldn't stop talking about it for a month straight, but we are already having a great time otherwise.

I enjoyed hiking Cowel's Mtn. with Piper this morning--I hiked the first mile with her in the backpack, then I let her out and she LOVED it!  She walked a short bit further and we turned back down (time constraints--had to pick-up Addisyn from Preschool).  Piper would run the flat parts and would move to the side to let others by--such a cutie.

After a quick post-preschool picnic, we had family portraits taken at the church, and then headed for THE BEACH!  We figured today would have the best weather and the least crowded since most people wouldn't have the day off yet, and it was an AWESOME family afternoon at Mission bay.  The girls were well entertained by the sand and water, and it was sooooo nice hanging out with my hubby with no other agenda.














And that's not all!  Our big backyard is a magnet to the neighborhood kids who played well together this afternoon.  I couldn't resist taking this picture of them playing with that old pop-up firetruck--it sure is surviving a long life.

And what a way to finish a lovely day, but with Addisyn's first bee-sting.  She cried but handled it very well!  She said she "got too close to the bee and it hurt me." She wanted something cold to make it feel better. After removing the stinger she got her cold pack and we rubber-banded it to her hand since she really wanted keep playing.


Enjoy the weekend everyone.  We are thankful to those who gave the greatest sacrifice for us.  Thank you to all our past, present, and future armed forces who protect us and our freedoms.  Happy Memorial Day!

No comments: