This week is jam-packed for Addisyn; today especially.
After a long weekend of beach camping, she met her new preschool teacher today, started a new dance class tonight, has her first Disneyland adventure on Friday, and is celebrating her 3rd birthday on Saturday.
I think we'll give her a few days recovery before giving away her pacifier (we've been talking about this event for a while, to happen when she turns 3).
We had a rough morning start when she threw a screaming/crying/whining tantrum in the car for the entire drive from home to Grammy's -- I finally had to pull over when her face was bright red and she started coughing/gagging from all the screaming. Nice. Almost made me cry. My brain is stretched as it is, juggling multiple work projects and 2 kids. This morning I had already balanced changing Addisyn out of wet panties between emails and phone calls and getting 3 girls dressed and ready for the day. Ahhhh. Things did get better.
Addisyn took to her new preschool teacher Ms. Vicci really well! Today was orientation and she starts officially next week. I am excited for her.
After her not-a-nap (I was VERY concerned! "Are you not taking a nap today?" "no. I'll take a nap tomorrow."--she is a funny one!) she did good. Grammy signed Addisyn up for dance class as a birthday gift, so Addisyn picked out tights to match her new pink leotard and let me put her hair up in pink ponies.
She was watched by her personal fan club--4 grands, 1 auntie, mommy, and sister. She didn't do much in class, but watched and absorbed, then did her kicks and ballet arms after class. She didn't want to take her ballet slippers off, so we carried her to the car. At home, she was admiring herself in the mirror with her birthday crown and asked me to take her picture with the United States.
I tucked her in with her dancing princesses blanket and told her another story about the purple Addisyn butterfly who flew to Sea World, the zoo, and Disneyland, and tap danced with her preschool friends, and landed on Shamu's nose, the giraffes, and gave Mickey Mouse a hug... "and they all lived happily ever after, the end."
1 comment:
What a day you had! You are a great mom, Addisyn and Piper are lucky girls!
Post a Comment