Addisyn talked about "beach camping" every day the week leading up to our San Elijo trip. We stayed 3 nights and had a good time playing at the beach, potlucking, and chatting by the bonfire with our friends and family who also had campsites near us. The girls had their friends Connor & Shelby and Austin & Bryce to play with and share digging toys with.
Piper loved the water, but not the seaweed that wrapped around her ankles with the receding water. A few times she just made a run for the water as we chased her, at least twice she tried grabbing her big sister to go with her, but I thought the cutest was when she "asked" me to go with her by using her body language and grunts--she would look at the water, then turn to me with that excited little face and hand out, then when I asked her "do you want to go out to the water?" she did her excited little "uh-huh" yelp and turn/skipped towards the water, turning her head, to make sure I followed.
Addisyn played in the sand... "I don't want to get wet" she'd say as we walked along the wet beach to get to our spot. The most ocean water she got on her was splashing in a puddle with her Crocs (apparently she couldn't wait to get them wet) and pouring a bucket of water (that mom or dad had to fetch) over her feet in a hole we dug.
No comments:
Post a Comment