Saturday, January 10, 2009

baby Piper is here!

We are happy to welcome to the family Piper Joy Rand. She has made Addisyn a big sister very early this morning at 19 minutes after midnight on Friday. It is hard to believe that Chris and I are now parents to 2 children.






Stats:
Name: Piper Joy Rand
Born: Friday, January 9, 2009
Time: 00:19am
Weight: 6 pounds, 12 ounces
Length: 19 inches

I didn't want to get to the hospital too early this time, but almost got there too late! Piper was born about 40 minutes after we checked in. I pushed for just 10 minutes. Of course it was pretty tough--we got there too late for an epidural, and everyone's ears knew it--I was pretty vocal (think the stereotypical screaming voice you don't want to hear...Chris never heard me scream so loud).

Contractions started Thursday around 3pm. Addisyn and I ran a couple errands and I didn't think to seriously about it when they were 20 minutes apart as I'm doing my grocery shopping. I called Chris a couple hours later and we canceled a dinner date that night. Grammy Susan came over and picked up Addisyn for a sleep over so she would be taken care of. I kept myself busy doing school work and cleaning house to distract myself from any pain and it seemed to work--I didn't consider the contractions serious until after 10pm. We got to the hospital around 11:40pm and I was already dilated 7 cm. There was no time for an epidural--it wouldn't have had enough time to kick-in before birth anyway. It was definitely a different experience for me with Piper, than with Addisyn.

Also a happy birthday to Uncle Homie (in NH), who now shares a birthday with Piper.

6 comments:

marcy said...

Yay Baby Piper! She is incredibly adorable :) I miss her already and it's been less than an hour ;)

marcy said...

and you'll have to change your about me section to include your other kid!

Kyrstyn said...

Congratulations!! She is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful !!! Another GIRL in the Sabia bloodline...hee hee

Congratulations to all of you...I hope to get to meet her soon.

Debi

Anonymous said...

Not Fair! I won't be able to see her for a few years. Now since her name is Piper Joy you can call her PJ. It is so weird how in my mom and dad's side of the family how many birthday's are on the same day. Addisyn is so lucky to have another sibling I wished I had at LEAST one more sibling.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family - congratulations on baby Piper - we are very happy for you and look forward to meeting our new little neighbor.

Love,
Gaye and Harry