
This weekend my sisters and I made A LOT of Christmas cookies!

Last year, my sisters got together for a cookie-cooking-fest at Marcy's house, and this year I joined in the fun. Stacy and I got started Saturday morning while Marcy drove out to San Diego from her home in Arizona. She joined us that night and all day today. We made almost a dozen batches of various sugar-type cookies, 3 batches of fudge, 4 pans of rice krispy treats, peanut brittle, and tried a new chocolate-caramel popcorn recipe. We spent hours icing cookies and then made gifts for friends and neighbors. I enjoyed the sisterly bonding, but WHEW, we are spent!!!

Chris helped too.... he volunteered as taste-tester, got us lunch and cooked us dinner, and he took care of Addisyn so we could work uninterrupted. Addisyn had a good weekend--Chris took her to a friend's house with 3 little girls to play with, to breakfast, outdoors to chase birds, and to my folks', where she stayed all of this afternoon playing with her cousins and Marcy's 2 cats and 2 dogs. What a SUPER daddy and husband!
I hope this doesn't get your sweet tooth salivating too early.
2 comments:
YUMMY!! You guys did make a TON of cookies! That is cool Addisyn got some daddy time! Did you guys plan on dressing alike?
Everything looks delicious - Merry Christmas, Happy New Year - looking forward to hearing new baby news.
Post a Comment